16 January 2010

Spiral Beach 'The Only Really Thing'

Another fun, cute indie rock Canadian band. Female/male vocals. I came across this album after just futzing around online. Their music has been compared to Blondie and The Beach Boys. Huh? I don't see those comparisons much at all, personally. Going in with those expectations, I have to say I was honestly disappointed at first. But something funny happened around the 4th track of the album. I realized I'm kind of liking this band. A lot. I think what I like about them is that their music is so hard to pinpoint. It's derivative but pretty diverse. Some influences I'm hearing are Black Box Recorder, Bow Wow Wow, The Sounds and Metric. But I believe they improve on all of those influences. All in all, it's a very fun album. Give the whole thing a chance.

Check out their fun song 'Domino'.

The Andrew Review: 85 out of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment