16 January 2010

Dala 'Everyone Is Someone'

In a word: Wow. These two lovely ladies that make up the Canadian band Dala have it all. From the incredible harmonizing, brilliant song crafting and deep heartfelt lyrics, they've got me hooked. This is the album that Nina Gordon has been trying to make for years unsuccessfully. These ladies are in a league of their own, in my opinion. Typically I reserve the category of 'I'm Moving To Canada' on my blog as a reference for ridiculous videos by right wing nutjobs. Today, however, I really mean it. These ladies make me want to move to Canada due to their lovely lyrics about their homeland. This album was released at the end of 2009 but it is easily going into my top 3 albums of 2010 so far alongside Kristina Train's debut and Vampire Weekend's new album. I hope they get picked up for The Lilith Fair this summer.

Check out the video for the adorable single 'Levi Blues' and also my favourite track 'Lonely Girl'. I haven't started streaming songs on this site just yet..but I will..in the meantime I'm using youtube to stream music.

The Andrew Review: 97 out of 100



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am glad to see that someone compares them with Nina and I have to agree with "unsuccessfull" part. Yes, Dala has done, which Nina could not achieve... Anyway, their albums are all outstanding. I highly recommend them. But their live music is way better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! Thanks for the comment. I'm glad to see that someone else even knows what the hell I'm talking about when I compare them to Nina. ha. I really love this album and hopefully I'll get a chance to get them out live when they come back to NYC. ;). Do you have a blog I can follow?

    ReplyDelete