11 January 2010

Vampire Weekend

Ok so I haven't gotten a chance to write about Vampire Weekend on my blog so I shall take this opportunity to introduce you to them in case you've never had the pleasure of listening to them. They are AMAZING.

With the release of their 2nd album, Contra, they have become one of my top 5 bands of all-time. Yup, you read that right. They are THAT good. I'll post a few videos of theirs but, honestly, they are a band that deserves your full attention from beginning to end of their albums. The Beatles are the obvious influence here but to simply dismiss them as a Beatles rip off would be poor. I don't remember the last time that I heard a band incorporate so many different sounds and still be listenable. They incorporate African sounds, late 60's Beatles and Reggae-ish songs into pop/rock perfection.

Do yourself a huge favor and buy BOTH of their albums. They are a band that I initially dismissed as 'the next big thing'..I jumped on the bandwagon late but I will be a lifer..I can't wait to hear what they do next!

The Andrew Review: 100 out of 100. Pure Perfection.





No comments:

Post a Comment